Zhongming LiuZhongming Liu
Assistant Professor of Electrical and
Computer Engineering and Biomedical Engineering
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
206 S. Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2032
Office Phone: 765-49-61872
Zhongming Liu is an Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University. His lab has been dedicated to development of novel methods to integrate neural imaging, recording, stimulation and modeling for understanding and decoding brain functions. The goals of ongoing projects are 1) mapping neural circuits with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), 2) decoding neural activity during natural vision, 3) perturbing neural circuit to modulate brain and end-organ functions, as well as 4) developing MRI-compatible recording and stimulation devices towards achieving these goals.
- Lu K-H, Cao J, Oleson S, Powley TL, Liu Z., “Contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of gastric emptying and motility in rats,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 64(11): 2546-2554, 2017.
- Cao J., Lu K-H., Powley T.L., Liu Z., “Vagal nerve stimulation triggers widespread responses and alters large-scale functional connectivity in the rat brain,” PLoS ONE, 12(2): e0189518, 2017.
- He B., Sobrabpour A., Brown E., Liu Z., “Electrophysiological source imaging: a non-invasive window to brain dynamics,” Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, 20: 171-196, 2018.
- Wen H., Shi J., Zhang Y., Lu K-H, Cao J, Liu Z., “Neural encoding and decoding with deep learning for dynamic natural vision,” Cerebral Cortex, doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhx268, 2017.
- Shi J., Wen H., Zhang Y, Han K., Liu Z., “Deep recurrent neural network reveals a hierarchy of process memory during dynamic natural vision,” Human Brain Mapping, doi: 10.1002/hbm.24006, 2018.
- Lu K-H, Jeong J-H, Wen H., Liu Z., “Spontaneous activity in the visual cortex is organized by visual streams,” Human Brain Mapping, 38(9): 4613-4630, 2017.
- Marussich L., Lu K-H, Wen H., Liu Z., “Mapping white-matter functional organization at rest and during naturalistic visual perception,” NeuroImage, 146: 1128-1141, 2017.
- Wen H., Liu Z., “Broadband electrophysiological dynamics contribute to global resting-state fMRI signal,” Journal of Neuroscience, 36(22): 6030-6040, 2016.
- Liu Z., de Zwart J.A., van Gelderen P., Duan Q., Chang C. Duyn J.H., “Neuroelectrical decomposition of spontaneous brain activity patterns measured with functional magnetic resonance imaging,” Cerebral Cortex, 24(11): 3080-3089, 2014.